Doctor Charcoal

Project Restart (Reboot Forum RP)

158 posts in this topic

Sye was tackled to the ground by a Darkling, before she could pull out her kunai. Before the Darkling could even hiss at her, she reversed the roles, biting down on the Darkling's neck and kicking it off her. Sye quickly pulled out her kunai, and delivered a quick blow to the Darkling's bleeding neck. Sye turned around, slashing through two more Darklings behind her. The heat of battle, the taste of Darkling blood. It felt as natural to Sye as flying. She darted back and forth, weaving around the trees and through the Darkling horde. Sye zipped through three Darklings in a row.

She glanced at Warhorse, saying "It's a wonder what daily sharpening can do for you!"

"Sonic weapon primed"

Warhorse opened his mouth as if to speak, but all that came out was a low, loud bass drone. Soon, the Darklings in Warhorse's field of view started dying inexplicably. For about 30 seconds, all that was audible was the loud drone. Closing his mouth, he then drew a large, heavy, and quite cruel-looking sword from a sheath on his back. Hacking through Darkling upon Darkling, their numbers seemed to be diminishing. However, heat could be felt emanating from Warhorse's chassis.

Sye slashed through another Darkling, and another one, and another one. Darkling corpses littered the ground all around her and Warhorse. A Darkling slammed into Sye, knocking her into Warhorse. The heat from his chassis burned her skin, and she let out a cry of surprise and pleasure. Deftly, Sye beheaded the Darkling, and tossed her kunai, piercing the skulls of three more Darklings, before firmly landing in the trunk of a tree. Suddenly, from a ways away, a high pitched screech filled the air, and all the Darklings ceased their assault. After a moment frozen, the remaining creatures fled back into the darkness of the forest, and away from Sye and Warhorse. Sye walked over to her kunai, pulled it out of the tree, and licked the Darkling blood off of it. After cleaning the blade, Sye pulled out her med-kit, and pulled out a surgical needle and thread. 

Looking over to Warhorse, Sye said, "Well that was a fun little adventure, wouldn't you say?"

Sye then went to work, sewing up the several slashes and cuts the Darklings dealt to her, humming a merry tune.

While most of Warhorse's skin was burned off from the exothermic discharge, he seemed to be fine with showing the metallic plating that protected him. Looking down at Sye, he said, "Yeah, nothing like a bit of action to wake you up. Now, where is this camp? I'm getting kind of impatient." Warhorse couldn't help but notice Sye's lack of hygiene when dressing wounds, adding, "Those'll get powerfully infected without some sort of antiseptic. Allow me to remedy that." He then reached into his bag and pulled out a series of bottles, jugs, and vials. Some of them were easily recognizable, such as bleach, hydrogen peroxide, and Iodine, while others were slightly less obvious, such as isopropyl alcohol and chlorhexidine. While pulling out the many antiseptics and disinfectants, some other canisters fell out, labeled with strange names like "Tetrodotoxin," "Carborane Acid," or "MOX fuel" and bearing strange symbols on them as well.

Sye continued sewing up her wounds, rolling her eyes, saying "God, not you too. Topaz always bugs me about antiseptic. Everytime I'm sewing it's "Your only killing yourself slowly like that." or "Why wouldn't you like antiseptic, it's a burning sensation. You love those." Give me a break."

Nevertheless, Sye turned toward him, exposing her newly sewn wounds. The canisters he dropped were interesting. They looked suspiciously like poison. Only one of the canisters did she recognize, Tetrodotoxin. It was a powerful neurotoxin, with just contact from the skin being enough to send a full grown pony into a coma. At least, that was as much as she could remember. Curious, she couldn't remember where she heard it. Sye inched her hoof toward the canister, eager to find some new toy to play with. 

"And we'll get to the camp, when we get to the camp. You weren't exactly a hop, skip, and a jump away, you know. But before we make any more progress, I'd like to rest for a bit. Topaz, what do you think?" said Sye.

Sye paused for a moment, listening, before saying, "Yeah, Topaz is tired, I guess I could sleep, and "I need to let those wounds heal", so make it snappy with the antiseptic. I'll make a fire after."

Edited by Topaz

Picking the Iodine solution, he threw her the semi-stained canister. "Lugol's iodine. Invented in 1829, still used to this day. Many uses, including a disinfectant for wounds. Albeit, it may lead to scarring and staining, but you don't mind, right?" Twisting off the cap, a deep brown, strong-smelling solution could be seen. "Now, do you want this, or Necrotizing Fasciitis?"

Noticing Sye's apparent curiosity regarding the Tetrodotoxin canister, Warhorse said, "I wouldn't play around with those. One's a deadly neurotoxin, another is a super-strong acid, another is highly radioactive nuclear fuel. Oh, and my controlling human is getting tired, so I wouldn't mind sleeping." Soon after, Warhorse entered sleep mode.

Sleep mode made Warhorse look... dead. Not that Warhorse was alive at all, but the glow from the eyes and the fluid movement of the joints being gone just made him look like a zombie.

Sye took the Iodine container, and applied it to her cuts. Capping the container, Sye stood up, and got to work. Before sleep, she needed to eat something. Grabbing her kunai and dragging a Darkling body closer, she started slicing the Darkling's flesh thinly. Sye started a small pile of meat beside her, adding more thin slices as she slowly cut away at the Darkling. When she deemed it enough, Sye flew into the woods, returning with a plentiful pile of large sticks, twigs, leaves, and bark. Assembling the fire fuel into a pile, Sye poured some iodine onto the pile, picked up a sizable rock, and struck it with her kunai blade. Sparks flew off the handle, and ignited the iodine, starting a well off fire. Leaving the fire to burn, Sye left once more, returning a few minutes later with a large, flat rock. Setting it down in the fire, Sye laid back and stared up at the sky.

"Hmm...I don't see it. It's just a bunch of random, chaotic splotches in the sky, Topaz, not shapes." said Sye, to apparently no-one, "...I don't think he's THAT dangerous. He's just got some fancy toys...I mean, I was cutting through those Darklings just as easily...Look, Topaz, I put on your damn Iodine, and I'm even cooking the meat. Your gonna have to meet me halfway on something here...They're trying to eat us! If i get the chance, why not eat them ourselves. Besides, you'll eat anything if your hungry enough...I don't know, he's just kinda, there...He can cook his own meat. Speaking of which."

Sye grabbed a few pieces of the Darkling slices, and threw them onto the rock. Soaked in Darkling blood, the meat gave off a hiss as it was placed onto the stone. Sye slowly, agonizingly slowly, cooked each piece she wanted to eat on the stone, until Topaz said it was ready. Gorging herself on the flesh of the enemy, she finally laid back and started to sleep.

Sye groaned, annoyed at something, before saying, "...No, I don't think he'll try anything...Yes, I'm positive...Look, if it makes you shut up-"

Sye cut herself off, flew up, and grabbed a hoof-ful of clouds from the sky. Pulling them down, just above the canopy, Sye landed on top of them, and dozed off to sleep.

@Cat Actor

With no pegasi managing the weather nowadays, it had become cloudy over the camp. It was hard to tell whether it would rain, but no raindrops had appeared yet.

Quickly scanning the camp for familiar faces, Blaze saw Enapay. He decided to approach the stallion, hopefully managing to not get pissed off right off the bat. "Hey, you!"

((Bored with nothing to do, might as well do a cryptic dream sequence. You don't have to read this if you don't want to. It does not further the plot.))

Sye opened her eyes, and found herself in some sort of...area. Everything was deep red, emptiness in every direction. She was standing on...nothing, but something at the same time. She takes a step forward, feeling more invisible ground. Sye started walking forward, before a high-pitched screaming fills the air. The red color pulses, before draining to blackness. Suddenly, ice-cold water floods the emptiness around Sye. She takes one last deep breath, before being completely submerged. There was nothing, but blackness and the cold wetness surrounding her. Sye frantically started swimming upwards, hoping for some air. After a few seconds, pain laces through Sye's legs, face, back, all over. It felt like burning knives slicing across her skin, their heat un-quenched by the freezing waters. Still struggling to breach the water, Sye feels the strength leaving her body, her lungs screaming for oxygen she couldn't provide. Finally, she stopped moving, her body forcing her to inhale, sucking in water. As her vision faded, Sye, still looking up, watched two massive, bright yellow eyes open in the sky. Blood red lines streaked across the void, forming the shape of a pony's face.

The nightmarish constellation suddenly laughed, saying, "I'll be back soon enough."

Suddenly, Sye appeared in a strange, green, grassy landscape. After a few moments, Sye realized that she was in a hedge maze, at night. She set off, hugging the right wall of the maze, in a random direction. Hours passed, then days, at least that's what it felt like. Sye kept walking, but the sun never rose; it was always night. She occasionally felt the tingle of hunger or thirst or cold, but it abated rapidly. Eventually, Sye found herself at a dead end. In the circle, was an alter, a small bowl on the ground, with rings of symbols and lines circling it. The markings were demonic, and the bowl had the distinct smell of blood. Suddenly, the path Sye took into the clearing closed itself, leaving her trapped in the circular area. Sye felt something touching her. In a flash, dark figures rose out of the bowl, forcing Sye to the ground. The figures held her down, as the grass around her started enveloping her body. Sye tried to struggle, but couldn't move her body. She tried to scream, but no sound left her mouth. She could only watch in terror as the grass slowly covered her body. Suddenly, searing pain filled her head. It felt like someone drove a spike into her skull. The burning sensation quickly spread, from her head to the rest of her body. Sye felt all of the pain slowly ebb away. She could move her body again. Turning around, she saw that she was, in fact, floating above her body. She watched as the grass enveloped her body completely, before suddenly bursting into flames. The fire spread from the grass, to the figures, before blasting forward in a line to the opposite side of the hedge maze, and burning in a column, leaving a new opening. Sye watched her body stand on its own, before rolling in the ashes of the figures joyously. Then, her body turned and stared directly at her. Bright, yellow eyes. Her body smiled sadistically, before running off into the path. Sye followed after it as best she could, but eventually it got away from her.

Days passed for Sye. The sun never shone its light, and even the stars were gone now, leaving only the pale moonlight to guide Sye's way. Mysteriously, she felt drawn toward...something, some force. Following her gut, she eventually came across her body, but it had changed. Multiple parts of her skin were gone, revealing the flesh underneath. Blood red lines criss-crossed all over what remained. One of her legs was completely missing. Her body lurched back, and she realized it was eating one of the figures she had noticed before.

Before she could stop herself, Sye said, "You should cook that!"

Sye was surprised she could speak, but even more surprised when the figure burst into flames, and reappeared cooked. Sye's body turned toward her, acknowledging her presence, before returning to its meal. Sye moved closer, but then, her body dissolved into a bright yellow light. It circled her head three times, before flying off in a random direction. Unlike before, Sye was able to keep up with the light, shouting at it to change directions in the maze when she got that gut feeling. The light destroyed any barrier that Sye found. More figures, the light enveloped them, a dead-end in the maze, the light blasted a hole through the wall. After weeks of following the light, and leading it toward her goal, Sye heard something, before a bright, blue light enveloped everything. When Sye opened her eyes again, there was blackness again. Her gut feeling was gone, as was her yellow light. In the distance of the blackness, Sye noticed several lights. She started running toward them. Again, days upon days passed. Sye noticed that her yellow light was with the other lights. She ran faster. She watched the yellow light move away from the others, it turned red. Sye ran faster. The light started flickering, it needed her help. She ran faster, she needed to guide it. Sye watched the light get enveloped by a bright green light. Sye tripped. She fell down, and froze. She watched as one of the figures rose out of the darkness, picked up the large green light, and start running toward Sye. 

Sye screamed at the other lights to do something, "Help her, help her!"

Suddenly, millions of bright white lights appeared in the darkness. Countless beings rose out of the black, covering the other lights, before moving toward Sye. The being with the green light slowly walked past her, as the other beings grabbed onto Sye. They dragged her along with the green light. Sye tried to move, but she was frozen. She felt the wet, cold return. Suddenly, she couldn't breath. She watched all of the beings melt together, reforming above her, into a single pair of bright white eyes. Dark purple flames dripped down into the whiteness. Behind the eyes, Sye noticed her yellow light, sputtering, slowly turning black. Feeling started draining from Sye's body. She looked down, and saw crack outlining her body. She watched as her back hoofs slowly started shattering and melting into the blackness. Looking back at the eyes, she felt weak, helpless.

As her body fully shattered, Sye heard a deep, melodious voice echo all around her saying, "New daughter of the night, rise and obey. Embrace the dank depths. This is your home now. You have been looking for it for...so long."

The voice melted away that last reserves of determination Sye had. She felt something new enter her body. It was like...drinking rage. Pure, unfiltered rage. And power. Nightmares thrown into a blazing furnace fueling a creature of night. Sye opened her eyes, and saw weak, helpless prey. Eat, feast, eradicate. Kave Diluvii is my home. Diluvii. Diluvii. Diluvii. Diluvii. Diluvii.

Diluvii

Diluvii

Diluvii

"Topaz! Shut up! Your talking in your sleep again!" said Sye, rolling over on her cloud. 

Edited by Topaz

Enapay turned his head to Blaze. "Uh....yes?" Enapay said confused and panicked. His whip stayed holstered for the time being. A peaceful encounter would be refreshing for once.

"Calm down... Despite what you've done, I have no intention of putting myself at risk to have revenge," Blaze informed. The stallion decided not to mention he headed this way because he was hungry and lacked food.

"I saw your camp and wondered if you had any duct tape. I'm willing to trade if you won't attack me."

Enapay exhaled. "Let me remind you that you threatened me first. Sorry for self-defense," Enapay smirked. He looked at the bashed eye. " Oh dear...um..yeah, I have duct tape in my bag," the pegasus said with a softer tone. He shuffled through the mess he had in his bag and pulled out a roll of duct tape, then, he held it out for Blaze.

Back on Warhorse's controller's lunar module...

He was getting hungry. Nothing fresh remained in the fridge, freezer, or cryogenic chamber.

"Oh well, guess I'm having TV dinner." He muttered to himself, before taking the first available box of Superfast Jellyfish out of the freezer.

Carefully scanning the box to find the microwave instructions, he noticed something odd beyond the typical "Do not undercook".

DO NOT FEED TO HERBIVORES!

"Odd. Oh well, let's eat," He said, putting the tray of frozen stuff in the microwave. Three minutes later, it was ready. Wolfing it down, he soon became aware of a knocking sound in the ship.

"Nobody's here. Must just be the pipes," He said, but then he realized that it was coming from an airlock. Checking the camera feed, he saw two odd horse-like figures in horse-sized space suits standing around the bottom airlock.

"Well. They must have covered a lot of ground or something," He said, before pulling himself into a heavy Exo-suit and grabbing a discharge gun. He then walked towards the airlock.

Tuning into their transmission frequency, he heard them talking about cutting open the door. Bastards. Before they could start, the airlock interior was depressurizing. As they were starting up the cutters, the door was open. On their transmission frequency, the Bipedal Creature spoke to them in a language they could understand.

"Hello, food?"

"What was that?" Solar asked, looking around- and taking some more spoonfuls of soup while at it

"You mean that wasn't you...?" Emerald mumbled, growing increasingly concerned about the situation.

"N-No, I.. I was just eating soup!" he exclaimed, looking around frantically, "Did someone follow us?"

"I don't think so- Hopefully not..." She grumbled, going to cover the pot.